Activities off the slopes
Winter holiday offers more than “just” skiing
Saalbach is not only one of the most beautiful, but also one of the most varied winter sports regions: No place else offers its guests a wider range of activities.
As a top winter sports destination, Saalbach Hinterglemm offers ideal conditions for various leisure activities: The idyllic winter scenery is a true paradise for ski touring and snowshoe hiking.
Unique perspectives: The “Baumzipfel” Tree Top Path
Experience snow from a different perspective on the one kilometre long Baumzipfel Path with the “Alps’ Golden Gate Bridge” in Hinterglemm’s head of the valley: From an altitude of 30 metres above the forest ground visitors enjoy long views above the tree tops and the snowy winter landscape.
Top tips in winter
The following activities are perfect for a winter holiday in Saalbach-Hinterglemm:
- Choose from three natural toboggan runs. The toboggan run on Reiterkogel takes you downhill over three kilometres – also floodlit in the evening until 11pm
- Ice princesses and snow kings pirouette on the ice rink in the Saalbach-Hinterglemm sport centre.
- 28 different targets for various levels await you during winter archery
- Snow-tubing offers maximum action: Dash down the long snow slide at the Unterschwarzachbahn cable car on over dimensional tyres.
- Even quicker is a ride with the quad or the ice-cart. In the Snowmobile-City you can make your childhood dream true and drive a snow groomer or snow mobile.
- If you want to reach new heights, try a paragliding tandem flight over snow-covered Glemmtal.
- The Flying Fox XXL in Leogang is one of the world’s most spectacular steel rope slides with a length of 1,600m, a top speed of 130km/h and an altitude of upt tp 140 metres.
Spend your winter holidays in Saalbach-Hinterglemm and send us a booking enquiry today! We look forward to welcoming you in Austria!